Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Darren Shepherd <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/26 01:38:13 UTC

ubuntu LTS for system vm? and 64bit?

Is there any technical reason why we couldn't use ubuntu LTS (12.04
and soon to be 14.04) for the system VM.  Additionally is there any
technical reason we couldn't switch to 64bit.  I don't necesarily want
to get into "fight for you favorite distro" discussion, just curious.

Darren

Re: ubuntu LTS for system vm? and 64bit?

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.
That enabled running without a system vm. But you'd still need a VR if you
wanted network services.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.
Yes. 4.2 has Wheezy with the 3.2 kernel. Theoretically with RPS/RFS we
could use multiple cores effectively, but it may be harder in practice.

Posted by Darren Shepherd <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.