Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by si...@allumezinfotech.com on 2009/03/12 15:45:47 UTC

[users@httpd] Enable Send file - SAN

I understand when u enable send file in apache it uses "zero - copy "
mechanism of OS but as per apache docs this will not work on NAS or SMB.

What about SAN ? I tried and it gave wiered behaviour like only html's got
served when i enabled it and no image. moment i put doc root on local
apache started serving images with enabel send file on.

Pls suggest.

Re: [users@httpd] Enable Send file - SAN

Posted by si...@allumezinfotech.com.
- It is a EMC storage which is shared.

- If i turn off sendfile it works on SAN.

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 12.03.09 10:29, singh@allumezinfotech.com wrote:
> We have a server 64 bit Linux and SAN is connected to this box locally.

What filesystem?

> Amazing thing is if i enable send file then ONLY images got broken and not
> html files. I am sure apache treats images in seperate way then htmls but
> i dont have vision far from that ..

Apache usually doesn't "treat images in separate way" unless you tell it to,
e.g. parse it with any module that may change the content (includes, php,
charset_lite etc).

If anything gets broken with EnableSendFile turned on, but works when it's
turned off, then it's apparently a problem of EnableSendFile.

A day without sunshine is like, night.

Re: [users@httpd] Enable Send file - SAN

Posted by si...@allumezinfotech.com.
Thanks for the reply ,

We have a server 64 bit Linux and SAN is connected to this box locally.

Amazing thing is if i enable send file then ONLY images got broken and not
html files. I am sure apache treats images in seperate way then htmls but
i dont have vision far from that ..

And if use fiddler then i can see repose 200 for images but they never
apear so it feels like apache deleivers it but some where os dont to NIc..

any pointers ?

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.