Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jason Terry <jt...@g-web.net> on 2000/04/04 17:45:10 UTC

modperl 1.22 and NameWithVirtualHost not working properly

#you may define Perl*Handler subroutines here too
print "Making Apache::Registry scripts global . . .";
$Apache::Registry::NameWithVirtualHost = 0;
print "Done.\nLoading admin.cgi . . . . . . . . . . . . . ";
my $r = Apache::RegistryLoader->new;
$r->handler("/cgi-bin/admin.cgi", "/home/vshopper/public_html/cgi-bin/admin.cgi");
print "Done.\n";

The above is a portion of my startup.pl when I run it from
    Apache/1.3.11 (Unix)
    mod_perl/1.21
    PHP/3.0.14
    mod_ssl/2.5.0
    OpenSSL/0.9.4
it works like it should

However, when I run it from
    Apache/1.3.12 (Unix)
    mod_perl/1.22
    PHP/3.0.15
    mod_ssl/2.6.2
    OpenSSL/0.9.5a-beta1
It seems to partially ignore the NameWithVirtualHost.  It loads the script without the virtual hosts properly.  However, when
someone actually tries to run admin.cgi from a virtual hosts it re-compiles the script into the child again under it's the virtual
server.

Does anybody know why it worked in 1.21 but doesn't work in 1.22?

Thanks in advance
    -Jason