Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sm...@tomax.com on 2009/05/20 15:52:23 UTC

Please respond to my mail

Thanks & Regards,
Sumathi
Tomax India Software Private Limited

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message and any attachment(s) are solely for the use of the intended recipient(s) identified above and may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, or confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not review, retransmit, or otherwise use this message or any attachment. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message.

Re: Please respond to my mail

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
smadhava@tomax.com wrote:
If only to save you sending another of these "Please respond to my mail"
messages which bother everyone on this list...

As you must have noticed, you are pretty much being ignored.
There are a number of reasons for that :

- you problem is not a Tomcat problem, and this is a list to help Tomcat
users
- "Please respond to my mail" is a subject that is just about guaranteed
to get you ignored
- the word "ASAP" used in your first post instantly turned off 90% of
the willingness of people to help you.  That is because lists such as
this one are not commercial support lists, and you don't pay for the
advice you get, so you also do not set priorities.
- even if you post a genuine Tomcat question, and you post it in an
appropriate manner, but nobody here knows the answer, then you will get
no response.  That may look strange, but would you prefer receiving a
half-million "I don't know" emails ?

Maybe you should first read this (which is a reference from the Tomcat
mailing list home page, which apparently you did not bother to read first) :

Then, check this :
http://commons.apache.org/daemon/
That is the program that you are trying to use, to start another java
program than Tomcat as a Windows service.
The fact that this program is also used in the Tomcat "service" package
for Windows is, in this case, pure coincidence.

Re: Please respond to my mail

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.
smadhava@tomax.com wrote:
> how to customize the service in windows service control
> panel(services.msc)

Sounds like a problem for Microsoft support rather than the Tomcat Users
mailing list.

Posted by sm...@tomax.com.

smadhava@tomax.com wrote:
> Thanks & Regards,
> Sumathi
> Tomax India Software Private Limited
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message and any attachment(s) are solely
for the use of the intended recipient(s) identified above and may contain
information that is proprietary, privileged, or confidential. If you are
not an intended recipient, you may not review, retransmit, or otherwise
use this message or any attachment. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete
this message.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message and any attachment(s) are solely for the use of the intended recipient(s) identified above and may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, or confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not review, retransmit, or otherwise use this message or any attachment. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message.

Re: Please respond to my mail

Posted by sm...@tomax.com.
I have an application which has a service to log the messages.Want to
create that service in Windows services(Services.msc).Followed the same
steps that is there in service.bat by replacing only related jar files and
class files.
I have used a copy of service.bat file to create this service
service.bat is used to install "Apache tomcat"
service_m1.bat is used to install my own service i.e., logmonitor

Will attach the both the batch files which are used to install :
1.Apache tomcat

2.logmonitor

To run logmonitor classes I am making use of tmxService.jar and
tomax.service.LogMonitorService class

Please let me know if somebody can help on this ASAP

Re: Please respond to my mail

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.
OK.