Posted to dev@eagle.apache.org by tu...@gmail.com, tu...@gmail.com on 2019/03/14 03:47:04 UTC

Can compile Eagle-0.5.1 but Eagle 05.0 compile fails

Eagle-0.5.)  fails to  compile. Wonder when  some  one last compiled  eagle-0.5.0 source from the branch-0.5 at the github,
Wonder what JDK, NPM, JAVA version they used. Can you share the latest  working binary image of eagle compiled woth JDK 1.8 (eagle-0.5.0-bin.tar.gz)

I)  I downloaded the master  branch of the eagle  form  https://github.com/apache/eagle   .

1.	git clone https://github.com/apache/eagle.git   .
2.	mvn clean install –DskipTests
 rendering /root/eagle/eagle-assembly/target/eagle-0.5.1-SNAPSHOT-bin.tar.gz.  However  at the browser http://<IP>:9090/,appache Eagle   fails  to display the  dashboard.

II) I got the binary of eagle-05.0  ( eagle-0.5.0-bin.tar.gz)  built about 2 years back. This does load the Eagle dashboard  ,can set up site, application but it fails to define the  Policy. The apply button at the GUI to define the policy is  greyed out.

III) So trying to get the  official version of  the Eagle at 0.5 release

1.	git clone https://github.com/apache/eagle.git   .
2.	git checkout branch-0.5
3.	mvn clean install –DskipTests
The  eagle 0.5.0 compile  fails  . I have been debugging the POM.XML  and  the maven dependencies.  Trying to match the  pom.xml at different subdirectories  at 50 worth 5.01.
Seems the pom.xml is not  changed per current  repo at Hortonworks  and other  components. Current state of the error is as following

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project alert-assembly: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.apache.eagle:alert-assembly:jar:0.5.0: The following artifacts could not be resolved: org.apache.eagle:alert-common:jar:tests:0.5.0, org.apache.eagle:alert-coordinator:jar:tests:0.5.0, org.apache.eagle:alert-engine:jar:tests:0.5.0: Failure to find org.apache.eagle:alert-common:jar:tests:0.5.0 in http://repo.hortonworks.com/content/repositories/releases/ was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of HDP Release Repository has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]

This is very tedious process . at present  the compile  fails at  Eagle::Core::Alert::Assembly
My environment

[root@101-02-08-node1 ~]# npm -version
6.4.1
[root@101-02-08-node1 ~]# java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_161"

Tushar Shah
ts7237@att.com

Re: Can compile Eagle-0.5.1 but Eagle 05.0 compile fails

Posted by Jayesh Senjaliya <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tushar,

glad that you were able to compile the project successfully now.

Apache Eagle depends heavily on hadoop processes + hbase and mysql, so
please make sure they are up and running successfully.
Also I would look for the configuration you are using and the error
messages in the logs.

attaching the sample config file we use for your reference.

good luck !
- Jayesh

Posted by tu...@gmail.com, tu...@gmail.com.