Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andre Fischer <af...@a-w-f.de> on 2012/01/20 10:57:11 UTC

buildbot / build breaker

Hi,

the nightly build broke ([1],[2]) but I am not able to find detailed
information about it.  On the buildbot the "build" command produces html
output instead of its normal, textual output.  So, the later is missing
and the former is, well, missing too.  For some reason the main page
([2]) is available but not the linked pages.

Is there more information available, which I am too stupid to find?

If not, can someone of the buildbot maintainers please either turn off
html output or add an upload of the html output?

Thanks,
Andre

[1] ci.apache.org/builders/openofficeorg-nightly/builds/92
[2]
http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/log/unxlngx6.pro.build.html

Re: buildbot / build breaker

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 1/20/12 12:57 PM, Andre Fischer wrote:

> On 20.01.2012 11:24, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
>>
>> Hi Andre,
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 10:57:11AM +0100, Andre Fischer wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> the nightly build broke ([1],[2]) but I am not able to find detailed
>>> information about it. On the buildbot the "build" command produces
>>> html output instead of its normal, textual output. So, the later is
>>> missing and the former is, well, missing too. For some reason the
>>> main page ([2]) is available but not the linked pages.
>>>
>>> Is there more information available, which I am too stupid to find?
>>>
>>> If not, can someone of the buildbot maintainers please either turn
>>> off html output or add an upload of the html output?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Andre
>>>

>>> [1] ci.apache.org/builders/openofficeorg-nightly/builds/92
>>> [2]
>>> http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/log/unxlngx6.pro.build.html
>>>

>> I do as follows:
>>
>> * go to the page indicated by the build boot failure mail:
>> http://ci.apache.org/builders/openofficeorg-nightly/builds/92
>>
>> * find the first one in red:
>> this pages shows the module that broke:
>> http://ci.apache.org/builders/openofficeorg-nightly/builds/92/steps/shell_1/logs/stdio
>>

>> ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making
>> /home/buildslave19/slave19/openofficeorg-nightly/build/main/instsetoo_native/util
>>

>> * go to http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/ and in buildlogs find
>> the log for that module:
>> http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/main/instsetoo_native/unxlngx6.pro/misc/logs/util.txt
>>

> That is the information that I was searching for. Thank you.

indeed a very useful info. I collect more and more Urls where I can find
info related to output/result of the build bots.

I don't know how exactly it works in detail, I have never looked into
the process how build bots work and how the information is generated etc.

But is it possible to aggregate all this useful information into one
generated page.

One page easy referencing the uploads, the logs, the RAT report etc. I
think it would be very useful to have everything available from one
entry point.

Nevertheless I would like to thank you for all the work you have done so
far with thew build bots. They are very useful and help us a lot.

Hopefully we can make some progress on the other platforms. Is there any
help necessary? Maybe some volunteers are able to jump in and help with
the ongoing efforts.

Juergen

Re: buildbot / build breaker

Posted by Andre Fischer <af...@a-w-f.de>.

Re: buildbot / build breaker

Posted by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org>.
My mistake here, sorry.

--- Ven 20/1/12, Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org> ha scritto:

> > On the other hand, I wonder why these fonts are not
> installed on
> > Windows?
> >
> > #ifndef WITHOUT_FONTS
> > #ifndef WNT

Windows has compatible fonts. I am unsure if we need
SymbolNeu at all but shouldn't hurt to have it.

> I also don't get why they are called Liberation.
>
> @Pedro: any reason for this?

My mistake.. I started by reverting the Liberation
removal and seeing where the compatible replacements
should go. Evidently I left some that were not supposed
to be there.

I just fixed that but I will need to check the buildbot
again. I am sorry this came in precisely at the same
time Andre was bringing in the CoinMP stuff :(.

Pedro.

Re: buildbot / build breaker

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.

--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: buildbot / build breaker

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 12:53:41PM +0100, Herbert Duerr wrote:
> On 20.01.2012 11:24, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> >[... about Liberation fonts ...]
> >
> >On the other hand, I wonder why these fonts are not installed on
> >Windows?
>
> Their main purpose was to be metrically compatible with fonts that
> are very often used in document exchange. If there were no
> compatible fonts available on the system this usually results in
> text reflowing and this means unnecessary trouble. If the system
> always has the required fonts there is no need to install metrically
> compatible equivalents, which happens to be the case on Windows.
>
> Hope that helps.

Yes, thanks.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: buildbot / build breaker

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.
On 20.01.2012 11:24, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> [... about Liberation fonts ...]
>
> On the other hand, I wonder why these fonts are not installed on
> Windows?

Their main purpose was to be metrically compatible with fonts that are
very often used in document exchange. If there were no compatible fonts
available on the system this usually results in text reflowing and this
means unnecessary trouble. If the system always has the required fonts
there is no need to install metrically compatible equivalents, which
happens to be the case on Windows.

Hope that helps.

Herbert

Re: buildbot / build breaker

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Andre,

Re: buildbot / build breaker

Posted by Tsutomu Uchino <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

2012/1/20 Andre Fischer <af...@a-w-f.de>:
> Hi,
>
> the nightly build broke ([1],[2]) but I am not able to find detailed
> information about it.  On the buildbot the "build" command produces html
> output instead of its normal, textual output.  So, the later is missing and
> the former is, well, missing too.  For some reason the main page ([2]) is
> available but not the linked pages.
It seems it was removed in the following revision:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/trunk/main/solenv/bin/build.pl?r1=1229792&r2=1231415

It is no longer supported?

Thanks,
Tsutomu