Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Alona Rossen <ar...@opentext.com> on 2018/02/05 23:03:47 UTC

[users@httpd] How to build httpd module on Windows

Hi All:

How can I build a module on Windows platform without apxs tool?
I downloaded and installed Apache httpd binaries for Windows. Httpd runs and is functional. I would like to build my own module on Windows.
When I try to start up httpd with my custom *.so module built on VS2015, I receive and error, as expected:

C:\Apache24\bin>httpd.exe
httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 181 of C:/Apache24/conf/httpd.conf: Can't locate API module structure `example_module' in file C:/Apache24/modules/mod_example_post.so: No error

Thanks