Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Casey Bristow <Ca...@xor.com> on 2000/06/27 22:17:57 UTC

Apache::Upload ?

 howdy.

 one of the requirement of the system that I'm developing, is the ability
 for a user to upload a document from their local system and have it stored
 in a database (mysql in this case).. I have traditionally used the file
 upload features of CGI.pm for this type of action, but as I am in a dedicated
 mod_perl environment, I wanted to see if there was a more 'mod_perl way'
 to do this.

 I though I found what I was looking for on
 http://perl.apache.org/src/apache-modlist.html under the "* Misc" heading..

 "Upload          amcO    File upload class                       APML"

 and according to the notes on that page..

 "Modules listed with the APML as is contact are part of the mod_perl
 distribution package."

 OK.. so it's standard with the mod_perl dist. But is it really? I can not
 find *any* reference to it in my perl install, which has mod_perl 1.24
 installed. perldoc turns up nothing..

> [backplate@freak backplate]$ perldoc Apache::Upload
> No documentation found for "Apache::Upload".

 and I don't see an 'Upload.pm' anywhere..

 can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm running Apache/1.3.12 (Unix)
 mod_perl/1.24 compiled with perl5.6.0 .. basicly, I'm looking for
 documentation on usage..

 Thanks in advance!

  -Casey

Re: Apache::Upload ?

Posted by Casey Bristow <Ca...@xor.com>.
 I can answer this one myself.. I was doing something stupid.. I missed
 the "perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::Apache'" step.. sorry to spam the
 list..

  even more humbled..

   -Casey

--