Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Jon Maron <jm...@hortonworks.com> on 2013/12/03 20:45:18 UTC

ambari-server setup -J option

Hi,

  As part of the savanna install of an ambari server I've added code to point to an already installed JDK location:

2013-12-03 05:41:46.557 18771 DEBUG savanna.utils.remote [-] [dc1-master-001] Executing "ambari-server setup -s -j /opt/jdk1.6.0_31 > /dev/null 2>&1" _log_command /root/dev/savanna/savanna/utils/remote.py:384

  The interesting thing I've discovered is that if the JDK does not exist in that location the JDK is retrieved and installed in that location by ambari.  I can't find any documentation indicating that behavior. Is it valid for me to assume this is expected behavior that will continue to be supported?

-- Jon

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: ambari-server setup -J option

Posted by Jon Maron <jm...@hortonworks.com>.
Sorry, my mistake - the ASF JIRA is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-3976

-- Jon

Posted by Chris Mildebrandt <ch...@woodenrhino.com>.

Posted by Jon Maron <jm...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Jon,
 Thats probably a bug and should be fixed. Mind opening a jira on that?

thanks
mahadev
Mahadev Konar
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 11:45 AM, Jon Maron <jm...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   As part of the savanna install of an ambari server I've added code to point to an already installed JDK location:
>
> 2013-12-03 05:41:46.557 18771 DEBUG savanna.utils.remote [-] [dc1-master-001] Executing "ambari-server setup -s -j /opt/jdk1.6.0_31 > /dev/null 2>&1" _log_command /root/dev/savanna/savanna/utils/remote.py:384
>
>   The interesting thing I've discovered is that if the JDK does not exist in that location the JDK is retrieved and installed in that location by ambari.  I can't find any documentation indicating that behavior. Is it valid for me to assume this is expected behavior that will continue to be supported?
>
> -- Jon
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE