Posted to users@camel.apache.org by helander <le...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/12 02:18:11 UTC

Camel Web Console and OSGi

What is the current state regarding running the Camel Web Console in OSGi?
Is someone working on this or is it already available ?

/Lars

RE: Camel Web Console and OSGi

Posted by helander <le...@gmail.com>.
I tried camelwatch and got it to work when I deployed in tomcat, connecting
to camel running in karaf.
I also tried to deploy the camelwatch WAR to karaf, but I get some spring
related exception.
For now I am satisfied with being able to use camelwatch from outside my
karaf container, but I in the end I would like a solution where the camel
gui is running in karaf.

Posted by PAC Kieffer Guillaume <Gu...@panalpina.com>.
Hi,

For monitoring purpose, you could try CamelWatch (http://sksamuel.github.com/camelwatch/).
I did not try it yet, but maybe it's worth having a look.

Regards,
Guillaume.

I like the commands provided by the camel karaf component, but for my current
case I need a GUI.
As you point out, I would need access to camel objects from arbitrary
bundles.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Did you have chance to try the karaf camel component?
It will be more natural to manager the camel route inside of OSGi
container.

Even you deploy the Camel Web Console into OSGi, you still cannot
manage the routes which are deployed from other bundle.

On Thu Jul 12 08:18:11 2012, helander wrote:
> What is the current state regarding running the Camel Web Console in OSGi?
> Is someone working on this or is it already available ?
>
> /Lars

Willem
----------------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://www.fusesource.com
         http://jnn.javaeye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: willemjiang

Re: Camel Web Console and OSGi

Posted by helander <le...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, I will take a look at it and see if I could get something to work.

Posted by Jim Talbut <jt...@spudsoft.co.uk>.
On 12/07/2012 01:18, helander wrote:
> What is the current state regarding running the Camel Web Console in OSGi?
> Is someone working on this or is it already available ?
>
> /Lars

The issue is here and unresolved with no fix version identified:

A year ago I put a lot of work into getting it working, with multiple
contexts, in OSGi and outside.
The patch for that is attached to the issue, but it was never taken on
by any of the Camel commiters - I don't know why that is (different
priorities I guess).
By now the patch is almost certainly out of date and invalid :(

Jim