Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Layman <ra...@aswethink.com> on 2001/04/12 15:40:18 UTC

RE: IIS - ISAPI redirector oddities

	Is it possible that either the filter of virtual directory aren't
set up for the virtual host being used by the proxy but are for the virtual
host serving up the internal requests?  (From my own experience, IIS is very
picky and sometime very odd in its choice of which virtual host to use for a
given request).

	Randy

Weird Cookie Behavior

Posted by "David M. Rosner" <da...@recommend-it.com>.
Hi All,

I have a jsp that sets a cookie named 'riCookie'. For some reason this
cookie will not be sent to the browser unless I set an additional cookie
after that. Here is the code:

This doesn't work:

<%
     response.addCookie( new Cookie("riCookie", "DATA" ) ) ;
     response.sendRedirect( "/someOtherPage.jsp" );
%>

But this does work:
<%
     response.addCookie( new Cookie("riCookie", "DATA" ) ) ;
     response.addCookie( new Cookie("Something", "More DATA" ) ) ;
     response.sendRedirect( "/someOtherPage.jsp" );
%>

Any idea why? I tried other names with the word 'Cookie' in them and they
seem to work as well.

Thanks for any help,

-dave

RE: IIS - ISAPI redirector oddities - SOLVED

Posted by Ray Rush <ra...@yahoo.com>.
This ended up being my error.  I figured out I could
change the log level of the ISAPI redirector and I put
it to inform level.  I saw that for the non-proxy site
request it saw /servlet/<class> but for the proxied
request it saw //servlet/<class> so it didn't match
the worker mapping.

I checked my proxy config and that's where I was
picking up the extra "/".  I swear this was the
configuration I had used before.  Maybe the iPlanet
server was being more forgiving of my sloppy URL
rewriting.  It's funny that IIS only saw it as
/servlet too--maybe it's forgiving too but the ISAPI
redirector isn't.  Oh well, just a few hours lost.  I
should have checked the detailed logging yesterday.
Live and learn.