Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Johnny Minty <jo...@minty.net.nz> on 2013/03/13 12:33:56 UTC

AOP / Mailet loading

Hi Guys,

When mailets are loaded are they registered as beans within the spring container?

I intend to use AOP on methods within a mailet however if it is not registered as a spring bean I will need to use load time weaving which I want to avoid if possible.

Kind regards,

Johnny Minty

Re: AOP / Mailet loading

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi,

As any mailet can be defined, there is not pre-defined mailet bean in
the spring context.

They are loaded with a MailetLoaderBeanFactory [1].
Maybe you could do some clever things in the MailetLoaderBeanFactory,
but it will always be acting runtime, the same way load-time weaving acts.

Are you looking on this do avoid any preformance penality?
Once you weave, I'm not sure if Compile or Load time makes a big
difference (read [2] for example). Weaving vs non-weaving does make the
difference.

Thx, Eric

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/trunk/container/spring/src/main/java/org/apache/james/container/spring/bean/factory/mailetcontainer/MailetLoaderBeanFactory.java