Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.eu> on 2010/07/10 16:21:10 UTC

[ANN] Apache XML Graphics Commons 1.4 Released

The Apache XML Graphics team is pleased to announce a new release of
Apache XML Graphics Commons.

Apache XML Graphics Commons is a library that consists of several
reusable components used by Apache Batik [1] and Apache FOP [2]. Many of
these components can easily be used separately outside the domains of
SVG and XSL-FO.

This release adds the option to generate smaller PostScript files,
support for the AdobeStandardCyrillic encoding, RefinedImageFlavor,
TexturePaint support for PSGraphics2D (PostScript tiling patterns),
improvements to the XMP framework, optimization for PostScript state
handling in (E)PSDocumentGraphics2D, and more. In addition it contains
a number of bug fixes.

For a detailed list of changes, see
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/commons/changes.html

Source and binary distributions can be downloaded from the
corresponding directories in an Apache Software Foundation mirror at:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/xmlgraphics/commons. See also
the download page: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/commons/download.html

Simon Pepping
on behalf of the Apache XML Graphics PMC

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/
[2] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu

Re: [ANN] Apache XML Graphics Commons 1.4 Released

Posted by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.eu>.
On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 11:10:12AM +1000, Jason Harrop wrote:
> That's great news, thanks.
>
> Are steps underway to produce a maven artifact as per
> http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics/Maven
>
> <http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics/Maven>cheers

There is one, but I have no Maven experience to deploy it.

Simon

Posted by Jason Harrop <jh...@gmail.com>.
That's great news, thanks.

Are steps underway to produce a maven artifact as per
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics/Maven

<http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics/Maven>cheers

Jason