Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kapil Sharma <ka...@iap-online.com> on 2007/05/09 10:51:13 UTC

Good idea of installing a file on host machine

Hello,

I know it is not a struts based query but still i would like to have your
idea,

Can i install a file on the client host of the pc e.g. a text file whenever
a user presses some action in my jsp.

If yes can i run that file if it is exe. I am thinking of some parallel
activity on clietn side that should interact with my server

Any idea will be greatly appreciated

Thanks and Regards,
Kapil Sharma

RE: Good idea of installing a file on host machine

Posted by Al Sutton <al...@alsutton.com>.
Read up on Web Start, it's not all that new, and a web start application
isn't going to be able to efficiently use struts for it's presentation.

Posted by "Raghupathy, Gurumoorthy" <Gu...@nielsen.com>.
What does this has to do with struts ?

Re: [OT] Good idea of installing a file on host machine

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Vijay Prajapati wrote:
> can we user HIDEFOCUS attribute in <s:a href=""> tag in Struts2.0.6?

According to the reference documentation for that tag [1] no, there is
no such attribute.

L.

ObWhine: please don't post unrelated questions to an existing thread. Be
sure to start a new thread (with an appropriate subject) by sending a
fresh message to the list, rather than using Reply To.

[1] http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/a.html

Re: Good idea of installing a file on host machine

Posted by Vijay Prajapati <vi...@gmail.com>.
can we user HIDEFOCUS attribute in <s:a href=""> tag in Struts2.0.6?

Vijay Prajapati