Posted to dev@pinot.apache.org by Pinot Slack Email Digest <ap...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/08 02:00:18 UTC

Apache Pinot Daily Email Digest (2021-10-07)

### _#general_

 **@qoega:** @qoega has joined the channel
 **@nicolasdelffon:** @nicolasdelffon has joined the channel

###  _#random_

 **@qoega:** @qoega has joined the channel
 **@nicolasdelffon:** @nicolasdelffon has joined the channel

###  _#troubleshooting_

 **@nadeemsadim:** @mayanks @xiangfu0 @jackie.jxt @ssubrama The timeseries
databases like influxdb or cortex can be connected with grafana and charts can
be loaded with aggregations .. is there support for connecting grafana and
build visualizations on top of data in pinot tables .. or we need to go with
something like superset
 **@nadeemsadim:**
**@xiangfu0:** it’s not supported yet, you can contribute the grafana
connector if you are interested.
**@nadeemsadim:** ok @xiangfu0
 **@msoni6226:** Hi Team, We are running a hybrid table setup. With data being
present in REALTIME table and no data in the OFFLINE table. We have configured
task in the REALTIME table so that data can be moved from REALTIME to OFFLINE.
However, when in the broker logs I am seeing the below warning continuously,
is this something with respect to no data being in OFFLINE table or will this
be gone once when we have data in OFFLINE table. `2021-10-07 06:41:20.000 WARN
[BaseBrokerRequestHandler] [jersey-server-managed-async-executor-15] Failed to
find time boundary info for hybrid table:`
**@xiangfu0:** if your offline table is empty, then you can ignore this
 **@anu110195:** Somehow ingestion from kafka stopped in a RELATIME table...
 **@anu110195:** getting this error in logs
 **@anu110195:** Fetch offset 8220025 is out of range for partition
pinot_request_table-0, resetting offset
**@adireddijagadesh:** @anu110195, The reason could be partition:
`pinot_request_table-0` may not have enough messages or offset `8220025` might
be deleted due to retention period. Kafka broker logs might have exact reason.
when an offset is out of range, the consumer(pinot stream ingestion) reset
position of the offset defined at
`"stream.kafka.consumer.prop.auto.offset.reset"` having smallest or largest or
timestamp in ms.
**@mayanks:** Thanks @adireddijagadesh
 **@bajpai.arpita746462:** Hi Team, We have hybrid tables in our Pinot 0.8.0
and we have deleted some of them. But still we are able to see minion metadata
for the deleted tables in Pinot Incubator UI. Will it be deleted automatically
or this is a bug? Can we safely delete the existing metadata for the deleted
tables from pinot explorer?
 **@qoega:** @qoega has joined the channel
 **@qoega:** Hi! I’m trying to ingest data to Pinot 0.8.0 and get not clear
message. I can’t see any errors in this output and did not find other logs
with related output. But output looks different to sample output from docs and
there is no segments pushed to Pinot. Can you please help me to see where I
can see error to fix that? ```Trying to create instance for class
org.apache.pinot.plugin.ingestion.batch.standalone.SegmentGenerationJobRunner
Initializing PinotFS for scheme file, classname
org.apache.pinot.spi.filesystem.LocalPinotFS Creating an executor service with
1 threads(Job parallelism: 1, available cores: 80.) Trying to create instance
for class
org.apache.pinot.plugin.ingestion.batch.standalone.SegmentTarPushJobRunner
Initializing PinotFS for scheme file, classname
org.apache.pinot.spi.filesystem.LocalPinotFS Start pushing segments: []... to
locations:
[org.apache.pinot.spi.ingestion.batch.spec.PinotClusterSpec@78de58ea] for
table trips_OFFLINE```
**@nicolasdelffon:** @nicolasdelffon has joined the channel

###  _#getting-started_

 **@qoega:** @qoega has joined the channel
 **@dadelcas:** Hey, I've seen somewhere that pinot have some special columns
with metadata about the row segment path and other stuff. I don't seem to find
that anywhere and I wonder if someone could kindly point me at where they are
documented

###  _#kinesis_help_

 **@npawar:** @npawar has joined the channel
 **@abhijeet.kushe:** @abhijeet.kushe has joined the channel
 **@kharekartik:** @kharekartik has joined the channel
 **@npawar:** Hey Kartik, please meet Abhijeet
 **@npawar:** he’s facing some issues when using kinesis
 **@npawar:** i wanted to verify one behavior from you
 **@npawar:** he’s set shardIteratorType `LATEST` and
`realtime.segment.flush.threshol.time: 6h`
 **@npawar:** now say a segment was CONSUMING. and then the server got
restarted. when the server comes back up, will the KinesisConsumer consume
from the startOffset recorded in the segment metadata, or will it consume from
Latest sequence number?
 **@npawar:** i have a hunch, the latter must be happening. if so, we have a
bug. after restart, we should always consume from the startOffset of the
segment
e-mail: dev-help@pinot.apache.org