Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by ejoch <ni...@fish4.co.uk> on 2008/08/19 13:11:50 UTC

Re: CXF and Documented WSDL

It would be helpful to also be able to document individual fields in a
WSDL-for example if a service takes a single bean as a parameter, it's nice
to give the user some info about the bean's fields. I don't believe XFire
had this facility, the doc xml config were just for services I think?

Means WSDL looks something like

<complexType name="result">
      <annotation>
      <documentation xml:lang="en">
          A returned search result.
      </documentation>
      </annotation>
        <all>
            <element name="resultId" type="long">
	            <annotation>
					<documentation xml:lang="en">
					 The identifer of this search result
					</documentation>
				</annotation>
            </element>
            <element name="Name" type="string">
                <annotation>
                    <documentation xml:lang="en">
                     The person's name
                    </documentation>
                </annotation>
-- snip--

(that's taken from a spring-ws generated wsdl.)