Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com> on 2004/05/25 06:19:47 UTC

Re: can't find default configuration file

> Andreas wrote:
> Hi Maestro,
>
> Upon checking fop.sh and fop.bat, I don't think there's much you can do
> there... if you decide to add a possible FAQ about it, make sure it
> tells
> people to use quoted arguments in case of characters like these in the
> paths. Works on OS X and Win2K. The shell scripts interpret these as
> one
> argument, and pass them as such to FOP.

Thanks for the heads up, Andreas. I'll keep that in mind. Does this
mean one should do something like this for Unix:

./fop.sh -d -c "/my weird/conf path!/userconfig.xml" -fo input.fo -pdf
t.pdf

or or this for Windows:

./fop.bat -d -c "c:\my weird\conf path!\userconfig.xml" -fo input.fo
-pdf t.pdf

Thanks!

BTW, Anyone else seeing sporadic mail issues? I didn't actually
*receive* Andreas' message. (I noticed in MARC, and am responding
before I go home).

Web Maestro Clay

Re: can't find default configuration file

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Clay Leeds wrote:

> BTW, Anyone else seeing sporadic mail issues? I didn't actually
> *receive* Andreas' message. (I noticed in MARC, and am responding before
> I go home).

Hi Clay - I noticed that the mailing lists were very slow yesterday, with
normal today though.

Chris

Re: can't find default configuration file

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@tpg.com.au>.
Andreas L. Delmelle wrote:
> [...]

Andreas,

It is in fact the shell, because your CLI system interface is also the
shell.  It interprets the arguments, then forks another shell which
execs the binary command or interprets the shell script.  As far as I
know, CMD works the same way.

Peter

RE: can't find default configuration file

Posted by "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_...@pandora.be>.

Cheers,

Andreas

Re: can't find default configuration file

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@tpg.com.au>.

Posted by "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_...@pandora.be>.

Hi Clay,

> Thanks for the heads up, Andreas. I'll keep that in mind. Does this
> mean one should do something like this for Unix:

That was exactly what I meant, indeed. Not sure whether it's about the shell
script interpreting the argument as one string, but anyway, it gets passed
to the Java VM as one argument, and Java itself has no problems dealing with
long file names...

> BTW, Anyone else seeing sporadic mail issues? I didn't actually
> *receive* Andreas' message. (I noticed in MARC, and am responding
> before I go home).

As Chris mentioned, mail was indeed quite slow yesterday. Normally, I
receive postings practically instantly, give or take a few minutes, after I
send them... Yesterday, it took about 1.5 hours. Then again, it seemed to be
a general problem. Lots of delayed mails at work too.

Greetz,

Andreas