Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Katriel Traum <ka...@google.com> on 2014/04/29 09:57:04 UTC

Migrating from Snappy to LZ4 on C* 1.2

Hello,

I am running mostly Cassandra 1.2 on my clusters, and wanted to migrate my
current Snappy compressed CF's to LZ4.

Changing the schema is easy, my questions are:
1. Will previous, Snappy compressed tables still be readable?
2. Will upgradesstables convert my current CFs from Snappy to LZ4? Or do I
have to run major compaction?

Thanks,
Katriel

Re: Migrating from Snappy to LZ4 on C* 1.2

Posted by Katriel Traum <ka...@google.com>.
Thanks for the answer.

I've tested it by myself now, and indeed it works.
Only note I have is that you have to run "nodetool upgradesstables -a", so
all sstables are updated.

Katriel

Posted by Alain RODRIGUEZ <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi, I would say: