Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2010/03/02 03:45:57 UTC

Re: WSS + WS-RM support

On Sun February 28 2010 3:53:41 am versus wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we have a CXF 2.2.5 (used through Apache Camel 2.1) web services layer in
> our application, available through HTTPS. We got approached by a major
> client, but their internal company's policy require Web Services Security
> and Web Services Reliable Messaging.
>
> Can anyone help me with the following questions:
> - Does CXF work with both WSS and WS-RM (as far as I have seen, it is 1.0
> version) on? I've seen a post regarding some interoperability issues. Are
> these constraints documented somewhere?

I'm honestly not sure if anyone has tested the two together yet.  I'd love to
see any test cases showing it either working or not working.

> - When will CXF support WSRM 1.1? The Roadmap page
> (http://cxf.apache.org/roadmap.html) speficies it may be added in 2.3. Any
> news regarding it?

So far, no one has really started working on it.   I'd love to see it as well.
If anyone would want to help out on it, we could give some pointers as to
where to start.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: WSS + WS-RM support

Posted by Eoghan Glynn <eo...@gmail.com>.
>> - When will CXF support WSRM 1.1? The Roadmap page
>> (http://cxf.apache.org/roadmap.html) speficies it may be added in 2.3.
Any
>> news regarding it?
>
> So far, no one has really started working on it.   I'd love to see it as
well.
> If anyone would want to help out on it, we could give some pointers as to
> where to start.

I've wanted to get stuck into this for quite a while, but never had the time
to do it.

Now I *may* have the opportunity to do so over the next few weeks, but I
can't guarantee that as yet.

Cheers,
Eoghan