Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dinu Jose <Di...@USSWI.COM> on 2001/02/08 13:49:30 UTC

Using custom tags

Hello,

Could you please help me in find the following:

 source code containing the textarea custom tags

Thanks in advance
Dinu

Re: Using custom tags

Posted by Thierry Cools <th...@s1.com>.
Using custom tagsHi,
before I evaluated UltraDev, I spent some time with HomeSite 4.5.
It's true that it seems to be easier than UltraDev, but the last one is more powerful.
I think that the power of Ultradev is to offer translators that will directly recognize the tags in WYSIWYG mode and I didn't see such an option in Homesite.
So you will be able to put some wizards (like they do for JSP tags) for the struts library, but you'll never see the tags in the design mode.

Regards,
Thierry

Thierry Cools

Senior Java Developer
S1 Brussels
Kleine Kloosterstraat, 23
1932 st. Stevens-Woluwe
Belgium
Tel : +32 2 200 43 82
Email : thierry.cools@s1.com

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Peter Alfors wrote:

> check in the nightly build source download:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/index.html

Specifically, the source code for the <html:textarea> tag is
"org.apache.struts.taglib.html.TextareaTag", which also has several
superclasses in the same package.

The textarea tag is used in the example application (for illustrative
purposes) on the "subscription.jsp" page.

Craig McClanahan

Re: Using custom tags

Posted by Peter Alfors <pe...@irista.com>.

Re: Using custom tags

Posted by Thierry Cools <th...@s1.com>.
Using custom tagsit is in

jakarta-struts/src/share/org/apache/struts/taglib/form/TextareaTag.java

Thierry Cools

Senior Java Developer
S1 Brussels
Kleine Kloosterstraat, 23