Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Michael <mi...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/10 15:38:58 UTC

Thrift server

I am running Hbase and I am getting this error when I run bin/hbase
thrift start

com.facebook.thrift.protocol.TProtocolException: Missing version in
readMessageBegin, old client?
	at
com.facebook.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readMessageBegin(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.thrift.generated.Hbase$Processor.process(Hbase.java:1420)
	at
com.facebook.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(Unknown
Source)
	at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885)
	at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I am not sure why.  I am using the newest version of thrift and
hbase-core-trunk (svn co) of hbase.  I'm not sure why I am getting this
error or how to fix it.
Thanks,
Michael

Re: Thrift server

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
If I run 'bin/hbase start thrift' in TRUNK, it seems to run fine:

durruti:trunk stack$ ./bin/hbase thrift start
08/10/10 20:56:22 INFO ThriftServer: starting HBase Thrift server on
port 9090

So maybe its your use of a newer thrift?  The doc. is explicit about the
version of thrift to use:
http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/docs/r0.18.0/api/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/thrift/package-summary.html#package_description.

St.Ack