Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by EnricoTriolo <et...@libero.it> on 2000/11/30 16:58:09 UTC

SOAP "datagram"

Does anybody know how can I create and send a simple SOAP "datagram", something like:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:....>
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
   <user>
      <name value="..."/>
      <address value="..."/>
   </user>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Since now, I only succeded in creating the envelope and the body, but I can't add any element to the body!
I don't want to use SOAP as an RPC right now, so I don't either want to use the RPCRouter...

Here's the code I've written till now:

        Envelope e = new Envelope();
        Body b = new Body();
        Header h = new Header();

        Vector be = new Vector();

        DocumentImpl doc = new DocumentImpl();
        ElementImpl entry = new ElementImpl(doc, "user");
        TextImpl entrydata = new TextImpl(doc, "name");
        entry.appendChild(entrydata);
        be.addElement(new Bean(ElementImpl.class, entry));

        b.setBodyEntries(be);

         e.setBody(b);
        e.setHeader(h);

        SOAPTransport t = new SOAPHTTPConnection();

        URL u = new URL("http://localhost:8080/SLS/servlet/SLSServlet");

        t.send(u, "", null, e, new SOAPMappingRegistry());

I know that I need an object implementing Serializer as the Bean constructor argument, but I don't know where to find it or how to implement the marshall method!

Thanks,
   Enrico