Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ian Brandt <ia...@ianbrandt.com> on 2002/11/25 20:44:50 UTC

Handling common client "misbehaviors" (back button issues, multiple form submits, etc.)

Hello All,

I've been hunting around to see if I could find a package which
offered a standard way of handling the common request issues that web
apps sometimes have to handle (things like back button issues on
multi-page forms, request fudging by the user that for one reason or
another you want to disallow, etc.).  I'm thinking something along the
lines of a "screenplay engine", where rules could be defined for page
flow that each request would be validated against.  Having heard that
Struts provides a standard web-app framework I went searching through
the docs and FAQs to see if anything along those lines was provided,
but I'm not seeing that it is.  Is that correct, and if so does anyone
know of are any other projects out there that aim to provide a
standard handling mechanism for these issues?

Thanks,

Ian