Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Administrator <ad...@purpleblade.net> on 2008/01/12 00:21:43 UTC

simple command to show changes made in a revision

can anyone tell me what is a simple command to show the last 3-4
revisions (like 4 digit number)?
I looked at several command sheets that had been put together but have
not seen anything.

---
What is a simple command to show all the changed files in a revision
number ?
like suppose I just checked in some file and it returns a revision
number of 7456
but then I want to go back and see all files (just the file name) that
changed in
revision 7400.

thanks

Jake

Re: simple command to show changes made in a revision

Posted by Peter Connolly <ps...@gmail.com>.
I meant:

svn log -v -r 7400 <reposUrl>

Posted by Peter Connolly <ps...@gmail.com>.
> What is a simple command to show all the changed files in a revision
> number ?
> like suppose I just checked in some file and it returns a revision
> number of 7456
> but then I want to go back and see all files (just the file name) that
> changed in
> revision 7400.

svn log -v <reposUrl>

Re: simple command to show changes made in a revision

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jan 11, 2008, at 18:21, Administrator wrote:

> can anyone tell me what is a simple command to show the last 3-4
> revisions (like 4 digit number)?
> I looked at several command sheets that had been put together but
> have not seen anything.

svn log --quiet --limit 4 $FOO

will show you the last 4 revisions of whatever's at $FOO. $FOO could
be the URL to your entire repository, or the URL to a file in the
repo, or a file or directory in your working copy.

> What is a simple command to show all the changed files in a
> revision number ?
> like suppose I just checked in some file and it returns a revision
> number of 7456
> but then I want to go back and see all files (just the file name)
> that changed in
> revision 7400.

svn diff --summarize -c 7400

The --summarize switch is available as of Subversion 1.4.

The list of modified files is also included in the output of

svn log --verbose -r 7400