Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by halil <ha...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/28 14:07:54 UTC

[newbie] solrj SolrQuery indent response

Hi List,

I am new to Solr and lucene world. I have a simple question. I wrote below
code segment and it works.

public class SolrjTest {

    public static void main(String[] args) throws MalformedURLException,
SolrServerException{
        ClassPathXmlApplicationContext c = new
ClassPathXmlApplicationContext("/patrades-search-solrj-test-beans.xml");
        SolrServer server = (SolrServer)c.getBean("solrServer");
        SolrQuery query = new SolrQuery();
        query.setQuery( "*:*" )
            .setFacet(true)
            ;
        QueryResponse rsp = server.query( query );
        System.err.println(rsp.toString());
    }
}

I want to indent the response string, but couldnt find any answer. I looked
at book, mail archive and google.  Most relevant link is below

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SimpleFacetParameters

but i dont know how to use it. Api is hard to read by the way.

regards,

-Halil AĞIN

Re: [newbie] solrj SolrQuery indent response

Posted by halil <ha...@gmail.com>.
Yes, your are right. I was trying to indent the solr json response.
Actually, Solr Json response is not exactly json, i couldnt understand the
output format. But found a solution yo solve the problem, i mean making
json and indenting the solr result set. Here is the code segment.

public class SolrjTest {

        ClassPathXmlApplicationContext c = new
ClassPathXmlApplicationContext("/patrades-search-solrj-test-beans.xml");
        SolrServer server = (SolrServer)c.getBean("solrServer");
        SolrQuery query = new SolrQuery();
        query.setQuery( "marka_s:atak*" );
        System.err.println(query.toString());
        QueryResponse rsp = server.query( query );
        List<PatradesSolrBean> beans = rsp.getBeans(PatradesSolrBean.class);
        ObjectMapper om = new ObjectMapper();
        String s =
om.defaultPrettyPrintingWriter().writeValueAsString(beans);
        System.err.println(s);
    }
}

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.