Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Frank E. Weiss" <fr...@well.com> on 2002/08/25 16:53:17 UTC

XML Schema validation with Ant style task

I know that for some time Xalan hasn't come out of the box with validation turned on in the XML parser, namely Xerces.
We've had to write a little wrapper to do that. I was wondering if this is still the case? Would you advise me to just
write my own Ant task to get this functionality?

-- Frank Weiss
castrosf.org

Re: XML Schema validation with Ant style task

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Frank E. Weiss wrote:
> I know that for some time Xalan hasn't come out of the box with
 > validation turned on in the XML parser, namely Xerces.
> We've had to write a little wrapper to do that. I was wondering
 > if this is still the case? Would you advise me to just
> write my own Ant task to get this functionality?

I believe there is a separate validation task.

J.Pietschmann

Re: XML Schema validation with Ant style task

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Posted by Nick Pellow <ni...@mindmatics.de>.
Hi,
Attached is the diff and java files for a patch to the XMLValidateTask and
doco.
I implemented the todo:
* @todo find a way to set any feature from build.xml

We are using this currently to validate XML documents against an XSD schema.
You can set arbitrary parameters of the SAX parsers.
I submitted this to the dev list a while ago. However it is not yet
comitted to cvs.

Cheers,
Nick Pellow

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.