Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by steveking <st...@gmx.ch> on 2005/05/10 18:27:40 UTC

Re: RFC: Issue #1171: Proxy settings detection from Internet settings on Win32

Branko Čibej wrote:
> Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
>

>> On May 10, 2005, at 12:53 PM, Branko Čibej wrote:
>>

>>> I propose to use WinHTTP to fix issue #1171. The data in the config
>>> file would take precedence, of course, and on systems where WinHTTP
>>> isn't available, the config would still be the only way to set  proxy
>>> parameters. I think parsing the PAC isn't an option, and I  don't
>>> want to add more Win9x-specific code without even getting  auto-proxy
>>> support as a bonus.

Those are the system proxy settings. Most users don't even know where to
set them (e.g. the automatic windows update service uses them, and that
doesn't work if the proxy settings are only set in IE and not for the
system).
To get the IE proxy settings, there's the InternetQueryOption() API.

Stefan

--
        ___
   oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"