Posted to doc@openoffice.apache.org by Angelique Killebrew <am...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/06 00:01:53 UTC

New Doc Voluenteer

Hello Everybody,

My name is Angelique Killebrew. I'm a student at Jacksonville State
University. I am an English/ Political Science Major. I recently took a
technical writing course and became interested. I would like to get some
practical experience. I was given the suggestion to start here possibly. If
there is something a beginner like me contribute, I would be very happy to do
so.

Thanks,

Angelique

Re: New Doc Voluenteer

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
Angelique Killebrew wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> My name is Angelique Killebrew. I'm a student at Jacksonville State
> University. I am an English/ Political Science Major. I recently took a
> technical writing course and became interested. I would like to get some
> practical experience. I was given the suggestion to start here possibly. If
> there is something a beginner like me contribute, I would be very happy to do
> so.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Angelique

Welcome Angelique;

There are many ways that you can contribute. Most of the work currently
is centered on the Version 4.x Users Guide at
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide, with the main
emphasis on the introductory materials and the Writer Guide.

The original intent of the group was to structure the Guide as a highly
linked set of Wiki pages that would progress from very general concepts
that apply generically to the entire suite, to detailed pages about how
each component of the suite implements them.

Take a look at the work done so far and see where you are most
comfortable starting out and let us know so we can further help you
along the way.

Regards
Keith

--