Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Pretterhofer, Guenter" <Gu...@Dresdner-Bank.com> on 2000/06/26 12:02:03 UTC

AFP

hi,

in our project we are using Cocoon and FOP to generate HTML- and PDF-files.
additionally we think about conversion to IBM 's AFP-format.

does anybody know any products that convert XML (or HTML, PDF) to AFP?

sorry, I know this is not a question concerning FOP.
but maybe you could give me a short hint, nevertheless.

thanks in advance

Günter Pretterhofer

Re: AFP

Posted by Ben Sego <bs...@clark.net>.
As you say, this isn't an FOP question.  Nevertheless, here's an answer:

You might try the friendly folks at Xenos.  They have a product suite
(currently named "Documorph") which does lots of conversions.  I don't see XML
listed as an input format, but I know they handle more things than they talk
about.   The info I have lists XML as an output, and they usually add the input
converters for anything to which they output.  They definitely handle AFP (and
Metacode, should you ever have the desire.)  Here's the web address:
www.xenos.com

The people I know work in the Dallas, Texas, USA office:

Xenos, the Americas
3010 LBJ Freeway, Suite 1500
Dallas, TX 75234
973-857-0776