Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Justin Ross <jr...@apache.org> on 2013/08/05 14:32:36 UTC

0.24 release update - RC1 is available, preview release notes

Hi, everyone.  RC1 from revision 1509744 is now available at the following URL.

  http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.24-rc1/

My testing on Fedora 16 x86-64 completed without error.  Please try it
in your environment and tell us how it goes.

  http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.24-rc1-testing.txt

With RC1, the criteria for accepting changes get stricter: only
changes that are safe and important can go to the release branch;
everything else must wait for 0.26.  As usual, 0.24 commits require
review and approval.

Preview release notes are now available:

  http://people.apache.org/~jross/transom/head/releases/qpid-0.24/release-notes.html

Any edits you make to jira titles will be reflected in the final
version of the release notes.  In addition, I've got some jiras from
Andrew requesting special notes.  If you've got more such requests,
you can ask on the list or raise a jira.

Finally, there are currently 23 unresolved issues that have a 0.24
'fix for version'.  Many of these need to be marked resolved or moved
out to the next release.

  http://s.apache.org/ENq

Thanks!
Justin

---
0.24 release page: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/0.24+Release

Re: 0.24 release update - RC1 is available, preview release notes

Posted by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com>.
For the inclusion request, Robbie, would you note your approval on the
jira?  I'll approve it right away.

Yes, indeed, we need to move it to cmake.  I'm tracking this at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-5046 .

Agreed about bash: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-5047 .

Justin

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.