Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hertenstein Alain <al...@gva.eri.ch> on 2003/06/26 10:37:55 UTC

RE : IIS 5 + Tomcat 4.1.24 + JK2 Connector problem - RESOLVED

Hi guys,

Well, simply said, the Server Reboot "magical solution" made it work...
(thanks David for that one)
Now, did all the previous modifications (shm file, etc) also make the JK2
connector work too !? I don't know.

In any case, all URLs are now working fine : http://localhost:8080/examples/
and http://localhost/examples/.

Thanks to all of you who helped me, this is my 2nd day on this list and it
really saved me a lot of time.

For those still stuck with this problem, I would say :
- follow the instructions (those on Apache's web site are complete. Just a
note though : if you want to install the JK2 module, go to the last 2
chapters in the documentation that are -exclusively- reserved to the JK2 and
not the JK1 module, as registry key/values are NOT the same for both modules
! This is something which is not very clear in the Apache documentation),
- DOUBLE-CHECK the registry entries (the red arrow problem is mostly due to
that),
- REBOOT THE SERVER (guess this is IIS who requires it ? Or the Environment
variable as Jason pointed out) !!!

All this should (hopefully) make it work.

I also just noticed that my tomcat installation path has spaces in it (I
kept the initial proposed "Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1" path), which some people
say should be avoided. Well on Windows it doesn't seem to cause problem
(maybe on Linux it would), and for me it works fine (for the moment...).
Can someone confirm this ? Thanks a lot.

Regards
Alain