Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com> on 2013/05/02 01:08:39 UTC

Changes about to merged to master....

I've spent some time redistributing the java files in cloudstack to make it easier to understand and also more modular.

- cloud-engine-schema now contains all of the cloudstack vo and dao so if someone wants to access the cloudstack schema directly, they won't access the business logic as well.
- cloud-core now contains all of the agent commands but most have been moved out of it.
- cloud-api now contains only the interfaces and the query apis.

The changes doesn't really have high impact on functionality of cloudstack as I didn't make any code changes but it does involve a lot of files.  I want to make sure it's okay with everyone before I push it to master.  I will of course test to make sure it works before the push.

--Alex

Re: Changes about to merged to master....

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 09:06:42AM -0700, Alex Huang wrote:
> > It doesn't look like these changes will impact packaging, but can you please
> > make that part of your check prior to the merge?  DEB and RPM.
> >

> I'm not as familiar with packaging.  Will do my best on that.

Perhaps just a quick review...  When I looked at cloud.spec, I don't
think that the new pom structure will break anything (if I'm assuming
correctly that there is a new pom structure).

If no POM changes, packaging is probably fine!

RE: Changes about to merged to master....

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 04:14:12PM -0700, Alex Huang wrote:

> [...]

-chip

RE: Changes about to merged to master....

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.

Of course.

--Alex

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.