Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by Shiyan Xu <xu...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/27 04:01:57 UTC

[DISCUSS] Make delete marker configurable?

Hi all,

A small suggestion: as delta streamer relies on `_hoodie_is_deleted` to do
hard delete, can we make it configurable? as in users can specify any
boolean field for delete marker and `_hoodie_is_deleted` remains as default.

Regards,
Raymond

Re: [DISCUSS] Make delete marker configurable?

Posted by Bhavani Sudha <bh...@gmail.com>.
+1 as well. Thanks Raymond for explaining.

Posted by Shiyan Xu <xu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Balaji Varadarajan <v....@ymail.com.INVALID>.
+1

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Monday, June 29, 2020, 5:34 PM, Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> wrote:

+1 as well. (sorry , for jumping in late)

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Shiyan Xu <xu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pratyaksh Sharma <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Hi Raymond,
>
> I am trying to understand  the use case . Can you please provide more
> context on what problem this addresses ?
>

> Thanks,
> Sudha
>
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 9:02 PM Shiyan Xu <xu...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > A small suggestion: as delta streamer relies on `_hoodie_is_deleted` to
> do
> > hard delete, can we make it configurable? as in users can specify any
> > boolean field for delete marker and `_hoodie_is_deleted` remains as
> > default.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Raymond

-Sivabalan

Re: [DISCUSS] Make delete marker configurable?

Posted by Bhavani Sudha <bh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raymond,