Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Reid, Jeff (Liquidity & Risk Technology)" <Je...@ml.com> on 2006/06/23 18:12:22 UTC

ExtensionsFilter not correctly configured. JSF mapping missing. JSF pages not covered.

I'm using the latest myFaces release, myfaces 1.1.3 and tomahawk 1.1.3.

I get this error when the first page in my app contains a
<t:inputCalendar>.

I have a small test app, the "KickStart" app that has an index.jsp,
inputname.jsp and a greeting.jsp.  Index.jsp forwards to inputname.jsp
via <jsp:forward page="/pages/inputname.jsf" />.  You then type in some
text into a <t:inputText>, submit the form and the text is displayed in
greeting.jsp.

This works fine.  If I add a <t:inputCalendar> with renderAsPopup="true"
to greeting.jsp, everything still works Ok and the calendar displays as
a javascript popup.  I have the tomahawk ExtensionsFilter configured as
specified in http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/extensionsFilter.html

However, when I add the <t:inputCalendar> with renderAsPopup="true" to
inputname.jsp (i.e. the first page in the application), I get the
following exception:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: ExtensionsFilter not correctly
configured. JSF mapping missing. JSF pages not covered. Please see:
http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/extensionsFilter.html

org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.AddResourceFactory.throwExtension
sFilterMissing(AddResourceFactory.java:371)

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Jeff.

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/

Re: ExtensionsFilter not correctly configured. JSF mapping missing. JSF pages not covered.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
The problem is that on a forward, the dispatcher won't execute the
ExtensionFilter - so in this case, the filter won't be available.

This is one of the cases why I'd love to move to a phase-listener instead of
having a filter here.

There is a parameter you can find on the WIKI with which you can disable the
filter testing - so you won't get an exception anymore, the inputCalendar
won't work, though.

What you can do is use a redirect from the first page to your page instead.

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at