Posted to user@struts.apache.org by AFASA Corneil du Plessis <Co...@afa.co.za> on 2001/06/11 12:50:08 UTC

Dynamic action mapping

I am looking for a way to invoke different Actions from one form
depending on the button clicked by the user.

Is there a simple way of configuring Struts to do this?

Corneil du Plessis
AFA Systems
Tel: +27 11 886-6938
Fax: +27 11 789-4907
Cell: +27 82 802-5768

Re: Dynamic action mapping

Posted by Thomas Siedschlag <Th...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

> I am looking for a way to invoke different Actions from one form
> depending on the button clicked by the user.
>
> Is there a simple way of configuring Struts to do this?

not a very simple way. But you can write a dispatcher action that forwards
to different actions depending on a request parameter.

Ciao
  Thomas

--
Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a

http://www.gmx.net

Re: Dynamic action mapping

Posted by Oleg V Alexeev <go...@penza.net>.
Hello AFASA,

Monday, June 11, 2001, 2:50:08 PM, you wrote:

ACdP> I am looking for a way to invoke different Actions from one form
ACdP> depending on the button clicked by the user.

ACdP> Is there a simple way of configuring Struts to do this?

You can implement one of your actions as switch between other actions.
Use button name as key to choose target action and forward request
processing to it.

--
Best regards,
 Oleg                            mailto:gonza@penza.net