Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/24 02:17:21 UTC

bulk change 'don't email'

didnt there used to be an option in jira not to email for bulk changes?

it seems to be gone... i was trying to clean up jira some.

sorry for the noise

--
Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com

Re: bulk change 'don't email'

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 8:17 PM, Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> didnt there used to be an option in jira not to email for bulk changes?
> it seems to be gone... i was trying to clean up jira some.
> sorry for the noise

nonsense!  I think we all appreciate your recent efforts!

Re: bulk change 'don't email'

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 12:51 AM, Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> wrote:

> As far as I know, if there is one issue in the bulk that has status
> “closed”, your possibilities are limited. Maybe that happened here. The last
> time I released Lucene (June), it was all possible without sending emails!

Well i used to be able to secretly reorganize jira issues into those
categories and would have a checkbox to prevent spamming the list (I have
done this before)!

I would just "bulk edit" uncategorized or miscategorized issues (even if it
was just one issue i wanted to change), so that I could prevent the spam.

--
Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com

RE: bulk change 'don't email'

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
As far as I know, if there is one issue in the bulk that has status “closed”, your possibilities are limited. Maybe that happened here. The last time I released Lucene (June), it was all possible without sending emails!

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen