Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by nathang <bt...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/08 05:45:41 UTC

Possible to whitelist *all* incoming emails that contain specific text in the subject line?

Hi,

I'd like to setup an email account in cPanel so that I receive *all*
incoming emails that contain a specific word in the subject line.

It would be critical that I get 100% of the emails sent to me (that contain
a specific word in the subject line), and that none of them get trapped by a
spam filter or whatnot, as these emails would signify my paying customers
with their order details.

I know that you can whitelist individual email addresses, but is it possible
to whitelist based on subject line text?

If this possible to do in cPanel / WHM, how would I go about doing it?

Thanks!

Re: Possible to whitelist *all* incoming emails that contain specific text in the subject line?

Posted by Ned Slider <ne...@unixmail.co.uk>.
nathang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to setup an email account in cPanel so that I receive *all*
> incoming emails that contain a specific word in the subject line.
>
> It would be critical that I get 100% of the emails sent to me (that contain
> a specific word in the subject line), and that none of them get trapped by a
> spam filter or whatnot, as these emails would signify my paying customers
> with their order details.
>
> I know that you can whitelist individual email addresses, but is it possible
> to whitelist based on subject line text?
>
> If this possible to do in cPanel / WHM, how would I go about doing it?

Probably, but this is the *SpamAssassin* mailing list, not the cPanel /
WHM mailing list so I'm not sure why you are asking here?

I could tell you how to do this in SpamAssassin, but I have no idea in
cPanel / WHM as I've never used it :)

Re: Possible to whitelist *all* incoming emails that contain specific text in the subject line?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
nathang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to setup an email account in cPanel so that I receive *all*
> incoming emails that contain a specific word in the subject line.
>
> It would be critical that I get 100% of the emails sent to me (that contain
> a specific word in the subject line), and that none of them get trapped by a
> spam filter or whatnot, as these emails would signify my paying customers
> with their order details.
>
> I know that you can whitelist individual email addresses, but is it possible
> to whitelist based on subject line text?
>
> If this possible to do in cPanel / WHM, how would I go about doing it?
>
> Thanks!

Assuming a non-ancient version of SA (3.1.0 or higher), the
whitelist_subject plugin should be loaded.

So you can just add this to your configuration (i.e.: local.cf):
      whitelist_subject customer

which would whitelist any email with the word "customer" in the subject.

As for doing it in cPanel / WHM... no clue, I've never used either tool.