Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Daniel Sun <re...@hotmail.com> on 2017/01/29 17:12:40 UTC

答复: About the performance of the test builds

Hi Jochen,

> hardware is the same for all. afaik the parrot branch under the "JDK 7
> build" is tested with a JDK7 build bot. "Antlr4 grammar" is tested with
> a JDK8 bot. The same bot is used for "JDK 8 build".

      If "Antlr4 grammar" is using the same bot with "JDK 8 build", the performance of Parrot is too good to believe ?? "Antlr4 grammar#180" ran 21591 tests and costed 23m:48s, and “JDK 8 Build#1801” ran 11155 tests and costed  22m:35s. As we can see, they costed almost same time, but "Antlr4 grammar#180" ran much more tests than “JDK 8 Build#1801”(10436 more tests)...

> BUILD                                        TESTS COUNT            COSTED TIME
> JDK 8 Build#1801                      11155                         22m:35s
> Antlr4 grammar#180                 21591                         23m:48s

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

Posted by Daniel Sun <re...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Paul,

     We can also run "clean" task for Antlr4 grammar build first as other builds do and compare these builds again.

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

在 "paulk_asert [via Groovy]" <ml...@n5.nabble.com>,2017年1月30日 14:37写道:

I think it is a bit hard to compare those two numbers.

Antlr4 grammar build steps are:
gradlew test

JDK8 Build steps are:
gradlew clean test // with Indy
gradlew clean test // without Indy

And as a general comment, the CI server has numerous jobs that are kicked off from the main builds, so expect more work to be happening on the box after the main JDK7/8 builds - which will slow down whatever runs next.

Cheers, Paul.

http://groovy.329449.n5.nabble.com/About-the-performance-of-the-test-builds-tp5738218p5738225.html

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.