Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by David Stephenson <da...@hp.com> on 2002/03/15 22:15:52 UTC

schema problems -> questions

Hi,
    I would like to be able to do the following things with the Xerces library:

1) validate just a schema.
    I am writing a tool  which reads/writes XML Schema's and I would like to be able to validate the schema, even if I don't have a instance doc for that schema.

2) validate against local schema when validating an instance doc.
    I would like the validating parser to ignore the schema location hint (present or not) and use a well known local schema instead (probably from a list of acceptable local schemas).

how does one perform these operations with the current Xerces2? or are these enhancement bugs?

Cheers
    David

     David Stephenson
      Web Services