Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ying Wang <yi...@hawaii.edu> on 2002/03/01 06:22:55 UTC

problem with super class check

Hi, All

  Does anyone know the problem with super class check?

The warning message is:

[ejbjar] Could not load class examples.ejb.basic.beanManaged.AccountBean
for super class check

Any help is appraciated!

Ying

ejbjar with exception

Posted by Ying Wang <yi...@hawaii.edu>.
Hi All,
  I got the warning massage I can not understand. I did set the
weblogicclasspath in the <weblogic> element.
  this is the build code:

      <weblogic destdir="${ejbholding.dir}"
                wlclasspath="${ejbc-classpath}"
                 />

  This is the result:

     [ejbjar] building EmailList_ejb.jar with 6 files
     [ejbc]
     [ejbc] Issued 1 semantic warning compiling
"C:/../../../ejbcgen/../email/ejb/impl/EmailListBeanHomeImpl_ServiceStub.java":
     [ejbc]
     [ejbc]    516.     } catch (java.lang.Exception e) {
     [ejbc]                      <------------------->
     [ejbc] *** Caution: This catch block may be unreachable because there
is no exception whose type is assignable to "java/lang/Exception" that can be
thrown during execution of the body of the try block. However, this being
a base exception class, compilation will proceed.

Anyone has idea of it?
Any help is appraciated!

Ying Wang

RE: problem with super class check

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Ying Wang,

In Ant 1.4.1, ejbjar attempts to add the super classes and super interfaces
of the bean to the jar. It does this by loading the class and introspecting
it. The message below means that ejbjar could not load the class. This can
be because it could not find the class or it could not find another class
upon which the bean depends.

If you are not concerned with adding the superclasses into the jar, you can
ignore this message.

Conor