Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Ethan Feng <et...@apache.org> on 2023/02/24 03:47:36 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Celeborn(Incubating) 0.2.0-incubating-rc5

Hello Incubator Community,

This is a call for a vote to release Apache Celeborn(Incubating)
version 0.2.0-incubating-rc5

The Apache Celeborn community has voted on and approved a proposal to release
Apache Celeborn(Incubating) version 0.2.0-incubating-rc5

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
incubator release.

Celeborn community vote thread:
• https://lists.apache.org/thread/6f28tyvqsqdpjr0wpg2low4hlh39bx4j

Vote result thread:
• https://lists.apache.org/thread/9bhflkrwrmk81w1stbhvztzc6mb6gjco

The release candidate:
• https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/celeborn/v0.2.0-incubating-rc5

Git tag for the release:
• https://github.com/apache/incubator-celeborn/releases/tag/v0.2.0-incubating-rc5

Public keys file:
• https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/celeborn/KEYS

The change log is available in:
• https://github.com/apache/incubator-celeborn/compare/v0.1.4...v0.2.0-incubating-rc5

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until the necessary number
of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:
[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

More detailed checklist please refer:
• https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Incubator+Release+Checklist

Steps to validate the release, Please refer to:
• https://www.apache.org/info/verification.html

Thanks,
Ethan Feng

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Celeborn(Incubating) 0.2.0-incubating-rc5

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

- Checked release file name and location: *OK*

- Checked sum and signatures: *OK*

- Checked DISCLAIMER file exists: *OK*

- Checked LICENSE and NOTICE files: *OK*

   * License of 3rd-party code contained correctly mentioned in LICENSE:
*OK*

   * Included dependencies are mentioned in LICENSE: *OK*

   * Un-included software dependencies are not mentioned in LICENSE or
NOTICE: *OK*

   * Relevant part of NOTICE files of referred/contained ASF codes added
into NOTICE: *OK*

   * NOTICE year: *OK*

- Checked no binary files in source package: *OK*

- Checked compile from source: *OK* (JDK 8u181)

- Checked UT could pass: *OK* (JDK 8u181)

Best Regards,
Yu

Posted by Kent Yao <ya...@apache.org>.
+1 non-binding

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

It looks like Spark may have incorrectly added that header. You could ask them why it was added perhaps or just leave it as is.

Kind Regards,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Celeborn(Incubating) 0.2.0-incubating-rc5

Posted by Keyong Zhou <zh...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin and Willem,

Thanks for your feedback!

The file [1] is based on Spark's file[2], we had very little modification,
and we leave the ASF header unmodified as it is[2].

We will remove the header in later releases.

Thanks,
Keyong Zhou

1.
./common/src/main/java/org/apache/celeborn/common/network/util/LimitedInputStream.java
2.
https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/v3.1.1/common/network-common/src/main/java/org/apache/spark/network/util/LimitedInputStream.java

Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> 于2023年2月24日周五 12:38写道:

Posted by Ethan Feng <et...@gmail.com>.
Thanks everyone for suggestions and feedback, I will close this vote
thread and announce the results soon since 72 hours have passed.

Ethan Feng.

keyong zhou <wa...@gmail.com> 于2023年3月1日周三 11:48写道:

Posted by keyong zhou <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gang,

Posted by li gang <lg...@apache.org>.

--

------------------------------
Best Regards

DolphinScheduler PMC
Gang Li 李岗

lgcareer@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Celeborn(Incubating) 0.2.0-incubating-rc5

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
@Gang

Posted by li gang <lg...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)
I checked
- Files have the word incubating in their name.
- DISCLAIMER,LICENSE and NOTICE files exist.qq
- Checksums and signatures are valid.
- No unexpected binary files in the source release.

The NOTICE file under binary release  contains unexpected content
`ResolverUtil.java Copyright 2005-2006 Tim Fennell`,please remove it and
check whether `ResolverUtil.java` is the third-pary work.

Ethan Feng <et...@apache.org> 于2023年2月24日周五 11:48写道:

> Hello Incubator Community,
>
> This is a call for a vote to release Apache Celeborn(Incubating)
> version 0.2.0-incubating-rc5
>
> The Apache Celeborn community has voted on and approved a proposal to
> release
> Apache Celeborn(Incubating) version 0.2.0-incubating-rc5
>
> We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
> incubator release.
>
> Celeborn community vote thread:
> • https://lists.apache.org/thread/6f28tyvqsqdpjr0wpg2low4hlh39bx4j
>
> Vote result thread:
> • https://lists.apache.org/thread/9bhflkrwrmk81w1stbhvztzc6mb6gjco
>
> The release candidate:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/celeborn/v0.2.0-incubating-rc5
>
> Git tag for the release:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-celeborn/releases/tag/v0.2.0-incubating-rc5
>
> Public keys file:
> • https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/celeborn/KEYS
>
> The change log is available in:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-celeborn/compare/v0.1.4...v0.2.0-incubating-rc5
>
> The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until the necessary number
> of votes are reached.
>
> Please vote accordingly:
> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove with the reason
>
> More detailed checklist please refer:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Incubator+Release+Checklist
>
> Steps to validate the release, Please refer to:
> • https://www.apache.org/info/verification.html
>
> Thanks,
> Ethan Feng

------------------------------
Best Regards

DolphinScheduler PMC
Gang Li 李岗

lgcareer@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Celeborn(Incubating) 0.2.0-incubating-rc5

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

I checked the src kits:
- incubating in the release kit name
- The checksums and signatures are validated.
- The LICENSE and NOTICE files look good to me.
- There is a DISCLAIMER in the release kits
- No binary files in the source release kits
- I can build the source

I have the same question as Justin asked, do we need to add the ASF
License header to this file[1]?
[1] ./common/src/main/java/org/apache/celeborn/common/network/util/LimitedInputStream.java

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem