Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Monajit Choudhury <mo...@db.com> on 2007/11/08 20:10:06 UTC

Problem formatting numbers in excel on Solaris

Hi
 I am generating an excel sheet using poi.For some of the cells I need to
format the numbers based on the locale. The format I use is  "_(*
#,##0_);[Red]_(* (#,##0);_(* \"-\"_);_(@_)". This works fine on windows
but on solaris I get inconsistant  results. Some cells are formatted while
some are not. I am not able to figure out the reason for this behaviour.
Any thoughts on this?

Regards
Monajit Choudhury

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: Problem formatting numbers in excel on Solaris

Posted by Anthony Andrews <py...@yahoo.com>.
Silly question I know but have you tested that formula using Excel on Solaris 'manually' so to speak? That would allow you to be confident it was POI causing the problem and not a difference between the two platforms.

Monajit Choudhury <mo...@db.com> wrote: Hi

http://mail.yahoo.com