Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Roee Oz <ro...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/25 14:32:22 UTC

Make httpd into a library (to be embeded in an application)

Hello All.

Our application uses httpd as a component, running the exe from code. Lately
we were asked to reduce our processes number from 3 (our process + 2
httpd.exe) to 1. Removing one of the httpd.exe can be done in configuration
(telling httpd not to fork). In order to remove the second one, I would have
liked to compile httpd as a set dlls (this is a windows environment).
Basically, I plan on replacing the main with DllMain, and start working from
there.

Any thoughts about how to access the problem? why I'm crazy thinking it may
be easy? Anyone did something like that (even on Linux)?

Thanks for any help,

Roee