Posted to dev@cmda.apache.org by "Pan, Lei (398K)" <le...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2016/03/24 23:37:33 UTC

CMU-JPL meeting minutes 3/24/16

. Namrata presented OODT
  . need to understand how to wrap web services in to PGE
  . need to output workflow model xml from Jia’s visual programming tool
  . example of workflow, PGE to be presented in next meeting
. Qihao demoed user rating feature
  . Jia and Benyang discussed the html page design: where to put
    rating and comment box
  . Benyang wants to avoid changing into the current html files,
    instead, the CMU team will “include” the JPL html files
  . Lei suggested listing the rating in the html table
. Qihao demoed Collaborative workflow builder (visual programming)
  . Jia and Benyang discussed the web interface design for the services
    to become individual stages of a workflow (argument=url, and ghost
    out the corresponding widget in the GUI)
. Qihao: the Apache git repository is the next task
. Wei: errors seen in Play! — will look into it
. Lei: migrating to the new github repository
. Lei: put the calls to provenance into every service in entry.py
  . will work with Benyang to merge features from both sides

From: JPL <le...@jpl.nasa.gov>>
Date: Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 3:28 PM
To: Seungwon Lee <Se...@jpl.nasa.gov>>, Jia Zhang <ji...@sv.cmu.edu>>
Cc: Benyang Tang <be...@jpl.nasa.gov>>, "Zhai, Chengxing (398K)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>>, Qihao Bao <qi...@cmu.edu>>, Wei Wang <we...@sv.cmu.edu>>, "Malarout, Namrata (398M)" <Na...@jpl.nasa.gov>>, JPL <le...@jpl.nasa.gov>>, "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>>
Subject: CMU-JPL meeting minutes 3/17/16

. Namrata will give us a quick introduction of OODT next week
. Qihao demoed new feature in user rating in the CMDA social network
. Benyang demoed new url feature in the Anomaly Calculation service
. Chengxing discussed about the new version of Octave, will decide what
  to use to plot later
. Lei and Wei discussed about memory and CPU utilization for Docker container.
  more about CPU cores is needed
. Lei and Qihao discussed about the directory structure of our unified github
  repository. Qihao is to create a higher level subdir for all the CMU code.
. Qihao is going to lead the creation of our Apache git repository. All JPL stuff
  that’s currently on github can be moved to Apache git, only some of the CMU
  stuff will be selected to go.
. Jia asked the Apache Incubator project to create more developer accounts,
  and will ask them to register on JIRA so we can all use the issue tracking system
. JPL is renaming our servers, some of the hardcoded urls will need to change accordingly
. Benyang mentioned that the github file directory change may result in broken url/directory
  problems. This is an opportunity to move the hardcoded info into configuration files.

Please feel free to add/correct if I missed anything.

Thanks,
-Lei