Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Zonghai Shang <yi...@apache.org> on 2018/11/05 11:27:23 UTC

Netty epoll support for dubbo

Hi,

I added support for the epoll feature for the Dubbo framework.If the system
does not support epoll, it will automatically be processed using `nio`.

Please help with code review, thanks.

Here is my pr:  https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/pull/2738

-yiji

Re: Netty epoll support for dubbo

Posted by yuhang xiu <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi, yiji

I did some review under your pr.
There is a problem I can't decide, about the transparent issue of the epoll
attribute.

Epoll performance is good, when we do not configure epoll on the Consumer
side, if the Consumer is also using the Linux system and the Provider is
configured with epoll, the Consumer will enable epoll by default.

There is no problem with this way of use. My consideration is whether we
use epoll as a property like timeout or as async property.
I hope to get the opinions of others about this.

Zonghai Shang <yi...@apache.org> 于2018年11月5日周一 下午7:27写道: