Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dirk Behrendt <sc...@web.de> on 2003/07/31 21:09:41 UTC

AW: Show validation errors in a dialog

I want to be a bit more concret:

With JavaScript you can create a window, after klicking a button.

JavaScript Code:
<form>
alert('Hello');  "> </p>
</form>

I want, that such a window appears, when errors occur. So I have to put
code in the <logic:messagesPresent> tag.

<logic:messagesPresent>
   <bean:message key="errors.header"/>
   <ul>
      <li><bean:write name="error"/></li>

……some JavaScript for a window

<alert('Don\'t forget to press the back button to return!')">
   </ul><hr>
</logic:messagesPresent>

Dirk

Posted by Rob Leland <rl...@apache.org>.
If you are talking about presenting the server side validation errors
on the client I believe you could do it on the
'onload' event handler in the <BODY > tag.

If you want the client side validation performed by Javascript
to display errors then look at the struts-validator
example.

--
-----
Rob Leland (703-525-3580)

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day of your life.
                                                                                      -Confucius.