Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/24 17:34:39 UTC

[site] Taglibs downloads

The Jakarta site still includes Taglibs in the downloads section.

OK if I remove all of those now?

S///

Re: [site] Taglibs downloads

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at>.
On 6/24/2010 10:52 PM, Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 11:34 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The Jakarta site still includes Taglibs in the downloads section.
>>
>> OK if I remove all of those now?
>>

> <snip/>
>
> Not sure. OOH, most of these are retired. OTOH, unlike some of the
> other ex-Jakarta stuff, most of these download pages haven't moved
> elsewhere so these are their only download pages.
>
> Perhaps we could change "Taglibs" to "Taglibs (retired)" or some such
> in the unordered list on the main downloads page [1] and leave the
> other pages intact.
>
> Anyone else have an opinion or preference?

+1

---rony

Re: [site] Taglibs downloads

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 5:05 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24/06/2010, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 11:34 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  > The Jakarta site still includes Taglibs in the downloads section.
>>  >
>>  > OK if I remove all of those now?
>>  >
>>
>> <snip/>
>>
>>  Not sure. OOH, most of these are retired. OTOH, unlike some of the
>>  other ex-Jakarta stuff, most of these download pages haven't moved
>>  elsewhere so these are their only download pages.
>
> I'd not realised that the Attic and Tomcat pages referred back to the
> original download pages. In retrospect I suppose that makes sense.
>
>>  Perhaps we could change "Taglibs" to "Taglibs (retired)" or some such
>>  in the unordered list on the main downloads page [1] and leave the
>>  other pages intact.
>
> Except some are not retired...

<snip/>

Yes, though I don't know how much that matters in the context of [1].

> An alternative would be to leave the individual download pages, but
> remove Taglibs from [1] and drop [2] altogether.

<snap/>

I'd leave individual pages and [2] in place. [2] could be improved to
note deprecations. I have no preference on what to do for [1] -- upto
the person making the change :-)

-Rahul

Re: [site] Taglibs downloads

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 24/06/2010, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 11:34 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > The Jakarta site still includes Taglibs in the downloads section.
>  >
>  > OK if I remove all of those now?
>  >

> <snip/>
>
>  Not sure. OOH, most of these are retired. OTOH, unlike some of the
>  other ex-Jakarta stuff, most of these download pages haven't moved
>  elsewhere so these are their only download pages.

I'd not realised that the Attic and Tomcat pages referred back to the
original download pages. In retrospect I suppose that makes sense.

>  Perhaps we could change "Taglibs" to "Taglibs (retired)" or some such
>  in the unordered list on the main downloads page [1] and leave the
>  other pages intact.

Except some are not retired...

Re: [site] Taglibs downloads

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.