Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by tison <wa...@gmail.com> on 2023/06/26 07:15:49 UTC

[DISCUSS] RFR - ns-isolation-policy support hostport pattern

Hi devs,

The pulsar-client CLI has a ns-isolation-policy command whose primary and
secondary regex pattern currently verify against hostname only, while we
return broker list in hostport pattern, we may support the regex pattern
test against the whole URL (or a combine of host:port but that can be a bit
tricky.

The direction is still TBD so I am posting this email for ask an explicit
consensus on whether it's a valid usability improvement.

Here is the PR[1] and the issue[2] is back to the last year when the author
claims there is a rough (offline) consensus on the community meeting.

Best,
tison.

[1] https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/20256
[2] https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues/15795