Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Marian Jureczko <ma...@pwr.edu.pl> on 2014/11/13 10:21:51 UTC

Research regarding OOZIE

Hi,

I am a member of a team at Wroclaw University of Technology that investigatesdefect prediction models. As the case study we took the OOZIE project and thereforeI would be really grateful if you could share with us the insight perspectiveand answer following questions:

1. Do you test your bugfixes? If yes, please address following questions:
-Does the tests result in bug reopens?
 [] yes
 [] no
-Are there other reasons for reopening bugs?

-Average effort of testing a bugfix: ____ man-hours.
-How to split the effort of bugfix testing between manual and automated tests?___% for manual tests, ____% for automated tests.
-Are there big differences between the testing efforts of different bugfixes?
 [] efforts are uniform
 [] efforts are proportional to bugfix size
 [] efforts are proportional to ____

2. Do you know how effective your tests of bugfixes are?
___% of invalid bugfixes are identified during tests, ____% of reopens comesfrom production.

3. Effort of fixing a reopen.
-Average effort of fixing a reopen: ____ man-hours.
-Does the bugfixing efforts for different reopens differs significantly fromeach other?
 [] efforts are uniform
 [] efforts are proportional to bugfix size
 [] efforts are proportional to ____

4. Do you have some quality related criteria or procedures that a bugfix mustpass before release?

If some of the questions touch issues you prefer not to discuss, ignore them. Apartial answer is also valuable for us. Each of the responses is valuable forus. Thank you very much for the help.

--
Kind Regards
Marian Jureczko, PhD