Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Alberto Velandia <be...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/24 18:41:10 UTC

Cassandra won't start Java Issue Snow Leopard

Hi I'm getting this error when i run bin/cassandra -f

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/cassandra/thrift/CassandraDaemon
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraDaemon

which seems to be a Java version issue, I've updated my ~/.profile to the following:

export PATH="/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/mysql/bin:$PATH"
[[ -s "$HOME/.rvm/scripts/rvm" ]] && . "$HOME/.rvm/scripts/rvm"  # This loads RVM into a shell session.

but I'm still getting the same error, I've also set the environment variable JAVA_HOME but I don't know If I did it right.

can anyone help me? thx

Re: Cassandra won't start Java Issue Snow Leopard

Posted by Jeremy Hanna <je...@gmail.com>.
Hmmm, I tried with a fresh copy of beta3 and it works fine now.  One thing I had that was an issue is that in my .profile I had set a CASSANDRA_HOME a while back and forgot to remove it.

Posted by Eric Gilmore <wo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Hanna <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alberto Velandia <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Targett <pa...@tbt-c.com>.

Posted by Alberto Velandia <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by André Fiedler <fi...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.

Posted by André Fiedler <fi...@googlemail.com>.
seems to be a thrift failure, try to recompile thrift on your mac: